Acne/ Scars Treatment
Enjoy the smooth, acne-free skin you’ve been waiting for
If you’re still struggling with acne breakouts, you’re not alone. Acne is among the most common skin conditions in the world, affecting up to 50 million people each year in the United States alone. Research shows that up to 50% of adults aged 20 to 40 suffer from low-grade acne and oily skin. But no matter how common it is, acne is still a struggle to live with. The good news is you don’t have to anymore.
With the right treatment, you can effectively target both the cause and visible symptoms of acne-related skin conditions. Perfect Skin Med Spa Venus Versa TM dual-light acne treatments work to heal existing acne-related inflammation, while also destroying acne-causing bacteria to minimize future breakouts. The result is noticeably smoother, healthier-looking ski n that you’ll be happy to show off.
Perfect Skin Med Spa Venus Versa TM acne treatment device is powered by Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology to safely and effectively reduce acne and inflammation.
- Real-time cooling system for more comfortable treatments
- No downtime
- Quick treatment sessions last only 15-20 minutes
Quickly and easily clear acne and speed up the repair process for noticeably smoother, healthier-looking skin.
Devices/Treatments for acne treatments: Venus Versa™, Microneedling with Radio Frequency, LED light therapy, Chemical peel, Acne facial
Frequently asked questions
Everything you need to know about your acne treatment.
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
- Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
The best candidate is someone who has acne and/or acne-related inflammation on the face or body.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- Metal or other implants in the treatment area
- Current or history of cancer
- Pregnant or nursing
- Any diseases that can be stimulated by light (e.g. epilepsy)
- History of disease that can be stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes or polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Any active condition in the treatment area (e.g. eczema, psoriasis, rash)
- History of skin disorders, keloids, unusual wound healing, or excessively dry and/or sensitive skin
- Any surgical procedures within the past 3 months
- A tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
- Excessively tanned skin
- I have darker skin – can I still get this treatment done?
Perfect Skin Med Spa Venus Versa TM acne treatments work best for light to medium skin tones. The treatment may work on darker skin, but there is a higher risk of discoloration because darker skin has more pigment in it. It’s best to consult with your treatment provider to see if the treatment is right for you. Perfect Skin Med Spa has other acne treatments for darker skin such as Microneedling with Radio Frequency, Chemical peels, and Acne facial. We customize your acne treatment according to your skin tone.
- Can I do it during my lunch break?
Absolutely. Exact treatment times may vary depending on the patient, but a single session typically takes 15-20 minutes.
- How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive a total of 8-10 treatments.
- How often/far apart should the treatments be?
Treatments are usually done twice a week for a month. Make sure the treatments are scheduled 3-4 days apart.
- Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams, or makeup before your session, and stop using any products that might irritate your skin 2-3 days before. You should also avoid tanning. You may be advised to shave the area before your treatment. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated.
DURING THE TREATMENT
- How long does a treatment session last?
One session usually lasts 15-20 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
- What does the treatment feel like?
The IPL treatment feels like a light snap or flick on the surface of the skin.
- Will it be painful?
The applicator has a cooling feature built into it to make the treatment as comfortable as possible, but you might feel a bit of discomfort if you’re treating a more sensitive area, like the upper lip. If you find it too uncomfortable, let the operator know and they can adjust the treatment accordingly.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
- How will I feel after my treatment?
Your skin can feel warm, like a sunburn, with some redness, but other than that, you really shouldn’t feel any different if you follow instructions for before and after your treatment.
- How long will the results last and are they permanent?
It depends on the severity of your skin and how well you take care of your skin after your treatment. We recommend a touch-up session twice a month, then monthly. Once the acne starts clearing up, you can then increase the time between maintenance treatments depending on how your skin responds to the treatment.
- Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime. You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment.
- Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
Avoid tanning for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your treatment, and wear sunscreen (at least SPF 30). You should also avoid hot baths, massages, or any treatment that requires direct contact with the skin for the first 2 days after your treatment. If you notice any blisters or scabbing, treat it with a prescribed antibiotic cream—always consult with your treatment provider first. You can go back to gentle washing and using gentle, non-irritating products immediately afterward.
- If I got a treatment on my face, can I put makeup up on right after?
At Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, TX, we specialize in skin care! Book your consultation or come visit us today to see what the Acne/Scar treatment can do for you!
This treatment is ideal for people who want to reduce sun damage, blackheads and whiteheads, enlarged pores, acne, brown spots, uneven skin tone, fine lines, and wrinkles, to name a few.
This treatment uses intense steam to open up pores and remove dead skin cells on the neck, chest, hands, back, and face. It then extracts impurities while simultaneously treating the new skin with cleansing, hydrating, detoxifying, and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating, and immediately effective, revealing baby-soft skin.
- Improve overall skin quality
- No downtime or irritation
- Fast and long lasting results