Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Houston
Are you tired of unwanted hair growth in areas such as the underarms, upper lip or bikini line? If so, laser hair removal may be for you. Here at Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, TX we offer laser hair removal for those who wish to have stubble free, smooth skin without the need of shaving. Laser hair removal is known as a medical procedure which involves the use of a concentrated light to reduce hair growth.
How it works
Here at Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, laser hair removal works by emitting pulses of highly concentrated light into the targeted hair follicles. The light is then converted into heat, causing damage to the hair without affecting the surrounding skin. Patients have reported experiencing minimal discomfort and have compared the treatment to the sensation of a rubber band snapping. You can expect to see and feel results immediately after treatment. However, laser hair removal does require multiple sessions of treatment, depending on numerous factors such as hair color and coarseness of hair, to guarantee the best results in hair reduction.
What are the benefits of laser hair removal in Houston?
Laser hair removal boast many popular benefits such as,
- Removing unwanted hair from commonly treated areas such as the bikini line, under arms and arms, legs, Brazilian and areas of the face including the upper lip and eyebrows
- Speed – The laser can treat multiple hair follicles at once covering larger areas, such as the back or legs, quickly
- Accuracy – selectively target the unwanted follicles without affecting the surrounding skin
- Eliminate and prevent ingrown hairs
- No need to grow hair out in between sessions
- Minimal discomfort
- Noticeable, immediate results
- Long lasting – Optimal results of hair reduction after successful completion of treatment, averaging six to eight sessions
How to prepare for the procedure
Before your laser hair removal treatment at Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, we ask that you avoid plucking, waxing, threading, bleaching and electrolysis for four to six weeks before treatment. However, since shaving does not remove the root of the hair follicle it is allowed and encouraged before your initial treatment and in-between sessions. Other factors to avoid include:
- Tanning four weeks prior
- Makeup, deodorants or lotions prior to treatment
- Sun exposure for six weeks prior to as well as after your treatment, as exposure to the sun causes hair removal to be less effective
What to expect during the procedure?
Here at Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, our patients are treated by licensed professionals. During your procedure you may be required to wear appropriate eye protection along with the physician. The physician will then use a cold gel to protect the external areas of your skin and ensure the laser light penetrates the skin. The technician will then proceed to give a pulse of light to the targeted area while ensuring proper settings are set.
What is recovery like?
After your laser hair removal treatment, you can expect the following
- Slight redness for a few hours
- Slight swelling for a few hours
- The treated area may appear and feel similar to a sunburn for a day or two after treatment, however symptoms should quickly subside with no medical intervention required
- If your face was treated, it is okay to wear makeup the following day
Are there any risks?
Risk associated with laser hair removal may include,
- Permanent scarring or changes in skin color are rare
- Blisters are rare
Book your consultation!
If you are ready to say goodbye to unwanted hair come speak with one of our staff members at Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, TX today! Our patients are excited about the stubble free, smooth skin they uncovered with our laser treatment. Procedures are effective and done quickly, causing minimal discomfort and allowing you to enjoy the extra time you gained from shaving.
Our staff is excited to get you started. Book your consultation today!
Our top-of-the-line laser targets and destroys the hair follicle with little to no discomfort.
Some feel a tiny and painless zing that’s often compared to the snap of a rubber band, but most don’t feel a thing. Results are noticeable and immediate, leaving you smooth as ever.
- Little to no discomfort
- Performed by licensed professionals
- Long lasting, immediate results