Have you been hearing unbelievable things about B12 injection shots? Believe it or not, what you heard is actually true! In fact, vitamin B12 is not like any normal “energy boosting vitamin”. B12 injections helps you lose weight, improve your metabolism, mood, hair, immune systems, and a lot more! Not only that, but Vitamin B12 deficiency is believed to be one of the most common nutrient deficiencies around the world. For this reason, B12 injections are used to offset the many symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency, such as poor moods, fatigue and weakness and low concentrations. Our professionals at Perfect Med Spa will go through everything you need to know about B12 injections. Call Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, TX today to schedule your appointment!
What are B12 Injections?
B12 is an essential vitamin that every single cell in your body needs to stay in balance. It also plays an essential role in both DNA synthesis on the cellular level and neurologic function. It’s not commonly known that that most people have a vitamin B12 deficiency, which can result in blood, nerve, and mood disorders. Not good. What’s worse, B12 isn’t found very often in food, which means it’s important to find the dose you need in another way. That’s when our B12 energy shots come in.
B12 injection has a single vitamin (B12), which is essential for many bodily functions, including carbohydrate metabolism and energy production. Vitamin-B12 plays a unique role in maintaining metabolic function while nutritionally supporting the body during the stress of daily living. Call Perfect Med Spa today to learn more about what B12 shots can do for you.
What does vitamin B12 do exactly?
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that is crucial for many vital hormonal and metabolic functions – including carrying important nutrients into and out of cells and the production of digestive enzymes. Even though vitamin 12 helps synthesize and convert compounds within the body, it is also needed for more than 100 daily functions, such as:
- Facilitating metabolic conversion of fats and proteins
- Forming red blood cells
- Playing a role in DNA/RNA synthesis
- Helping with synthesis of hemoglobin
- Playing a role in fetal development during pregnancy
How can I know if I have vitamin B12 deficiency?
Vitamin B12 levels are usually tested with a normal blood test, and if the value of B12 in your blood is below 170-250 picogram per milliliter, then you are considered to have a sign of B12 deficiencies. However, it is common to reveal inaccurate information regarding B12 levels in blood tests since a high percentage of the vitamin is stored in the liver and does not always show through testing.
What are the benefits of B12 Injections?
- Helps lower Fatigue: Getting Vitamin B12 to its right levels can treat anemia, reduce muscle weakness and help with conversion of macronutrients and production of creatine.
- Helps reduce Depressions: Vitamin B12 shots can restore better mood control, prevent depression and retain healthy mental/memory function.
- Improve Metabolism: It is common to use B12 shots to overcome a sluggish metabolism and to help with weight loss. Since the injections regulate your hormone production and gives you more energy, you might experience an improvement in sleep, changes in appetite and better workout performance. A lot of patients experience improvement in the appearance of their hair, skin and nails after receiving B12 shots.
- Protects your heart: Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of adults in industrialized nations. Vitamin B12 helps with the conversion of homocysteine and therefore can prevent risky conditions like strokes, heart attacks or coronary heart disease.
- Helps with Fetal Development during pregnancy
- Improves low sperm count
- Helps prevent or treat Diabetic Neuropathy.
How often should I get B12 Injections?
In most cases, we recommend taking the shot once per week. If you feel they work good for you, we recommend getting at least two shots per month. Professionals at Perfect Med Spa help you determine the right number of B12 Injections for ultimate results.
Can I add a B12 supplement to my diet, instead of taking a shot?
Unfortunately, there are many reasons why taking an oral vitamin is not enough. Generally, it is almost impossible to know the ingredients of the vitamin supplements, unless the are tested directly in a lab. And even if you add it to your diet, your body has to break out the supplement and absorb the vitamins. This might not be an easy task, depending on the health of your gut. Schedule an appointment at Perfect Med Spa in Houston today to learn more about B12 Injections.
What are side effects of B12 shots?
The most common side effect (which is very rare) is pain at the injection site area. Also, people with some medical conditions may not qualify to receive a B12 shot. At Perfect Med Spa in Houston, our professionals check for those conditions before proceeding with the treatment.
If you are ready to learn more about B12 injections and what they can do for you, call or stop by Perfect Skin Med Spa in Houston, TX today. We are excited to have you and help you look and feel your best!
Not only does vitamin B12 keep your nerves and red blood cells healthy, it also converts carbs into glucose in the body, which boosts energy.
B12 increases your body’s metabolism, which helps promote weight loss. With regular B12 shots and a combination of calorie reduction and exercise, you can lose weight faster with less hunger and more energy in a natural, healthy way.
- No pain or discomfort
- Instant energy and hydration
- Promotes weight loss